Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Stand

"Believe me you friends, we are being called to take a stand." A quote by Mr. Forrester who is a lovely man who brought the message this morning. I will tell you a little more about that message after I introduce you to Mr. Forrester. Mr. Forrester is becoming one of our dearest friends. Mr. Forrester is 72 years old but has the spirit of a youth! He is a Godly man who is truly one of the most passionate people about their faith that we have ever met. No matter what he is talking about or what happens in his life he brings it all back to God. We have been so refreshed by his wisdom, his stories and spirit and also by his friendship! Wednesday night we invited him over for dinner and we were so blessed by our time with him. He always tells us that he just loves God so much that he can't help but talk about him! We love his transparency about his faith in God.  I have felt really challenged and questioning how can I be more bold in sharing God's word? Today he preached on standing for Jesus. Last Sunday we introduced the song to our church, The Stand by Hillsong and sang it again today. Mr. Forrester talked about how he feels this song is what God is calling for us. To take a stand for Jesus. To not be complacent in life because we aren't called to live in complacency. I felt challenged in thinking about where is complacency in my life? How can I be more bold and proclaim the gospel more each day? He said we need to be "addicted to the word of God" and I believe this is so true! If we are "addicted to the word of God" then we will be filled, overflow and shine him to all those around us. I felt lots of challenges this morning and am so thankful for Mr. Forrester bringing the word of God to us. I really felt that this was on my heart to share.

Right now I am just thinking about how when we follow Jesus we choose to take the narrow path and even though this path is unpredictable, hard, full of challenges, full of joys, and a crazy journey, it's this path that gives us life. God is awesome. :)
We had a good week this week. Of course there are always challenges but believe you me, life is good and we always have so much to be thankful for. One phrase that they say here in Jamaica that for some reason I just love is, "believe you me". I hear people say it all the time in conversation and I just love it! We are slowly learning how to be more Jamaican especially in the way we talk. We also decided that we are going to start walking every where as much as possible! Teaching is still a challenge for me but Caleb keeps reassuring me that it will be hard at first but it will get better and better! Caleb is continually working on project after project! There is always something to be done! :) We ended the week by hiking the Blue Mountains. What an awesome experience!
For some reason this is all I can think to share today! I hope you are having a blessed day. :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment